Second House Museum
The Town of East Hampton is funding restoration of the Second House building, while the Second House Restoration Committee of MHS works tirelessly to plan and restore the museum. The project is now in its second of three phases of restoration. Second House was built in 1746 and rebuilt in 1797, and it is the oldest house still standing in Montauk. In 1968 East Hampton Town and the New York State Historical Trust became owners of Second House. The Montauk Historical Society operates and maintains the Second House Museum.